Thursday, May 15, 2008

We are Pregnant!!!

We would officially like to announce that we are expecting our first child November 26, 2008. We are so overwhelmed right now by the Lord's blessings and His miracle that is growing inside of me. For all of you, that want to know more and see pictures, see below...

How we found out...

To be honest we were a bit shocked that we were pregnant ourselves... We had been so busy with guests and traveling that we did not even acknowledge some of our first signs. Then while we where in New Zealand I got really sick and at that point I realized I was a week late with my period. I pretty much knew then, but I took a test anyway and it was confirmed! Since my Dad was with us in New Zealand he found out pretty much immediately, and somehow we keep it a secret from Mom and Dad Hall until they got here (2 weeks later)... that was hard for me :-) At that point we told all immediate family, and now at 12 weeks we are announcing it to the world :-)

Morning sickness!?!?

More like 24/7 sickness. Wow, I never realized how hormones can really affect your body SO much. I was REALLY sick with every symptom you can imagine from weeks 5-8, and then week 9 things were not 24/7 anymore, I would get relief here and there for an hour or two. By week 10 I was having a good day or two and the rest were not great. Then week 11, I just had two or three bad days and the rest good. So far this week, just one bad day and the rest have been really nice. I am looking forward to next week :-) I figure at this point it can only get better.
* I do have to say a very special thank you to my Daddy and to Mom and Dad Hall for ALL they did for me/us while they were here. From cooking to cleaning to taking care of us in other ways. I am not sure what I would had done without them :-) Love you all so much and appreciate ALL of your help!


Pass the pickles please...

and the milk, and the fried chicken! WEIRD, I know! Something else I was not expecting was how this baby would COMPLETELY dictate what I eat! Prior to baby I really enjoyed chicken (not fried though), and all the fruits and veggies you could imagine. OH! Not to mention, my nightly chocolate cravings.... HOWEVER, ever since I have been pregnant I crave the strangest things. I want any and ALL pasta in sight. I also cannot get enough milk, mashed potatoes, fried chicken (although I only allow myself this indulgence only once a week), and pickles. Some how, veggies and fruit make me nauseous but I try to make myself eat some a couple times a day anyway. Plus chocolate and sweets make me sick (so not me :-) I hear this will get better as my pregnancy progresses, but we will see! I can say that I eat more now than I ever have (and if you know me, then you know that is impressive).


My belly...

No baby (well kind of.. Ha ha). I tried my best to suck in for this picture, so you would get an idea of what I looked like pre-baby; however, my belly in this picture is not as flat as it was before, but it will give you an idea.


Here I am at 12 weeks preggers! I officially weigh 47 kilos, so that is 104 pounds. A weight gain of 4 pounds so far (we are going with a starting weight of 100 pounds. I argue that I weighed 101 to begin with and Jeremy says 98 or 99, so we compromised :-)



Frontal View!!! Look for the first time in my life you can see inside my belly button.. He He. Don't you like how I am wearing maroon (already brain washing the poor little one, it has no hope, ha ha)


Our Beautiful Baby...
*Since I am borrowing a computer until ours gets fixed, I had to take pictures of the ultrasound pictures instead of scanning them. Here are some of our ultrasounds though, enjoy!









Special Prayer Requests...
-Please pray for a healthy baby that continues to grow as it should until it makes it grand entrance into this world.
- Please pray for no complications, as I will be flying (a long way) home when I am 30 weeks pregnant.
- Please pray that our little one would love and serve the Lord!

Thank you all for your prayers, love and encouraging words. We cannot express in words how much that means to us!


Thank you Daddy for the flowers on Mother's Day... or as you called it Mother of my Grandbaby day :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY BABY!! I'm so excited. Although I don't really understand the question marks after the pregnant exclamation.!?!?! I also think is really funny that you tried to suck it in for a pre-baby (not really ) picture. You crack me up!! Can't wait to meet the little niece/nephew and plan the baby shower! WOOHOO!

Alexia & Jeffrey said...

yay, yay, yay!!!

thanks so much for calling last night. even though it took 4 tries, it made my week to talk to you!

The Reeves bunch said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so excited for you guys. I hope and pray that everything goes smoothly for you. I know that you guys will be great parents. They are a true blessing in your lives. Before you know it they will be one year old. Enjoy every moment of your pregnancy.

Lynsey said...

we're too excited!! love all 3 of you xxx

Kristin said...

J & J,
Congrats! We are so excited for you two and for this baby, who will have incredible parents!
Let the adventures begin...preparing for parenthood and Campbell's arrival has been the most joyful, humbling experience of our lives! Can't wait to see you in 4 months!
Russ, Kristin, and Campbell

The Blowey Bunch said...

Whoa crazy! I am so glad to see pics of the belly growing and the little baby, I cant believe you have such good pics of the little turkey already! That's so great! I am glad your second trimster is here, you will start feeling much better.

I am praying for your headaches I know what that's like and for some rest!! Love ya'll
*keri*

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that I happened upon your blog!! I am so excited for you guys!! My birthday is 11-26, so I am rooting for the original due date!!

Anonymous said...

So fun! I craved pickles and watermellon. I just couldn't get enough. Also, sweets made me very sick. I am glad you got better at week 11. I was sick all but month 7! Weird I know, but I was glad for the relief.