Wednesday, June 11, 2008

16 week Update


This pic was taken on the night I turned 16 weeks pregnant. Not much different from 2 weeks ago, it just seems like the weight is distributing differently. All my bits are now moving up so no more unbelievable back and round ligament pain (at least for now), and Lauren and Anna both say that even people who would not know me would know I was pregnant, because I have a round belly (of course that depends on what I wear, I can still camouflage is fairly well ;-)

Just a quick update:

We still do not have our computer (hopefully we will get it back soon!), so once we have that we have tons of fun pictures from when Katie and Chip came to visit and of L's visit so far (she is here for another 2 weeks :-)

Anyway, yesterday was my 16 week check-up and everything is looking really good. They checked my glucose levels and blood pressure and those are what they are meant to be. Then they weighed me and I only put on one kilo (or 2.2 pounds) since my last appointment 4 weeks ago. I argued that their scale must be wrong (because I eat NONSTOP) but they insisted that it was correct, and then she explained to me how a pregnant woman's metabolism speeds up so that is why I might not be gaining weight like I think I should be. My OB then had me back and because Lauren was with us he took us back to the examining room and did a quick ultrasound to show L our baby. Which was exciting because we were not expecting that at all. Anyway, everything is looking how it should at this stage, so that is a true blessing. Thank you all for your prayers and support!

2 comments:

Anna said...

need to tell jeremy he's too tall - makes it look like your tummy is smaller than last post... ha.
but it's cute. =D
~a

The Reeves bunch said...

So CUTE!! Yea, for a good report. Good Luck with everything. In a couple of weeks, you might be able to feel your little miracle move. It is the best feeling in the world!!