Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Jeremy Offshore

So for the past week Jeremy has been offshore on an FPSO (Floating Production Storage and Offloading). Basically, instead of being on a stationary rig, he was on a boat that anchors into a reservoir and extracts oil from subsea wells. (I sound smart don't I... Ha Ha, I am finally picking up and understanding all the engineering lingo and terms)

Anyway, here are some pics from when he was offshore.

This is the FPSO he stayed/worked on:


Them working, and well having a bit of fun :-)


These are the people J went offshore with. They had just got done working out, that is why they are so sweaty...





So apparently, there were TONS of wildlife that they saw. At night the ships lights lit up the water on the side of the boat. After he got home, he told me that there were literally HUNDREDS of sharks and huge fish all around the ship. He started counting one night and had to stop because in just a small area he had already counted over 40 sharks (and I am not talking baby sharks either)! Good thing, he waited until he got home to tell me! Anyway, in the day he also got to admire the beautiful whales. Here are some pics of those :-)







The above are humpback whales, and these below are pics of a whale shark. These are what Jeremy and I swam with back in June when we went to Exmouth.



So, he had millions of pictures of the actual equipment and other mechanical things that are meant to be worked on, but I thought the wildlife and the pictures with people in them were much more interesting. If you are wanting more of the other stuff, I am sure Jeremy would love to share and tell you all about it ;-)

1 comment:

Lynsey said...

My dad is the OOE/OIM of an FPSO in the Atlantic - Schiehallion.

Hope you are all good. You're looking great in your pics!!!!!

Love you allx

PS are you baby girl names/ name going to be a secret?? xxxxxxxx