One of Jeremy's favorite things to do is snow ski, so I made sure to plan a holiday all about that. I did not think the girls would ski (given their age)- so I had just figured I would be in our apartment and out and about the resort entertaining them, while Daddy skied- BUT, I was so wrong. The girls wanted to ski, so we signed them up for a six day ski school, and off they went. Admittedly they were a bit unsure the first day, but by the end of the first day I was so impressed with what they had learned and I believe they were very proud of what they had accomplished. The ski school was amazing, and KK went down a green (from the top of the mountain) with her class on the final day. J&I got to ski in the mornings together, which was quite lovely and a few afternoons when the girls were not completely worn out we all skied together.
Two afternoon's while we were there, it snowed pretty hard, so one afternoon, we had snow balls fights, made snow angels, sledded, made a snowman and well, just had a lot of fun.
The other afternoon, we headed down the mountain to a "mountain town" and shopped and explored. I loved this little town- the boutiques, that had french country items all displayed and just amazing little finds. It was exquisite.
Another afternoon, we took the gondola to the top of the summit, admired the views and explored the ice caves.
The final day skiing, the girls school has a little "award" ceremony. Brooke received an aware for being the smallest one in ski school (then I think KK was the next youngest). She was so proud. They both received little medals, and again they were recognized for their accomplishments that week- we were quite proud parents :-) Plus it was Valentine's Day- and the girls were loving the resort decorations!
All in all, we had the best time skiing.















No comments:
Post a Comment