Thursday, October 16, 2014

Spring/Summer/Fall 2014

Sorry all- but life happens and to be honest, we don't want to stop sometimes :) In saying that, here are some of the things we have been up to since last Spring :-)

Spring 2013 vs Spring 2014 (oh, how they grow)
During the first month that we arrived in the UK, we went to Kensington Palace for a tour, and outside the girls posed for some pics. A year later, we went back to that same fountain of Queen Victoria and had them take some more pictures- WOW, I was stunned to compare the two pictures and to see how these two joy's have grown up so much.
vs.


A visit to St. Paul's Cathedral
The magnificent church sits a top Ludgate Hill, the highest point in London. It is a breathtaking church (and pictures are not allowed inside, but my hubs did not realize this, and took one...oops). The ceiling mosaics are stunning and the hike all the way to top is actually not to bad. The views from the top are similar to the views from the Eye. You can see all of London. We actually went to Even Song one night here-truly lovely.

Trooping of the Colours
Jeremy and I try and have different but special date nights in London at least once a month. June is a very big month as far as ceremonial celebrations here in the UK. One of the events is called Trooping of the Colours and this is where British and Commonwealth regiments perform. It was spectacular! HRH Prince William was there! Very surreal experience to see him arrive, and mingle with the honored guests.

Afternoon Tea during Wimbledon
As I have said, June is a very busy month in the UK. Wimbledon is another event that takes place. We just so happened to book our afternoon during this time, resulting in a very themed afternoon tea. We loved it- the girls thought it was absolutely delightful!

Downton Abbey
Now I have to be honest, we are not Downton Abbey watchers, but I know it is all the rage. My good friend, Rachel and I did manage to go to one of the main places it is filmed though :-)

The British Open Championship
So- we ALL love golf. I know- crazy to think people love to watch it, but even the girls do! This past July, we headed up to Scotland and got to watch them play first hand. We were 'star struck'. There we were...and then there was Phil Mickleson, Rory McIlroy (the girls favorite), Tiger Woods, etc. etc. etc. We loved being able to do that and hope we can go back next year!

Edinburg, Scotland and the Royal Tattoo
We love Scotland and if we have an opportunity to go- we try and take it. Jeremy's immediate boss invited us to the Royal tattoo which is a military performance to display music and dance. The Edinburg Military Tattoo is quite famous and is a spectacular event. The Edinburg Castle helps set the back drop, and it is such a lovely ceremony. Our good friends the Karnuth's went along with us, and we had a weekend away in Scotland with them. We adore this family and our experience here in the UK would not be the same without them. They are truly like family to us. In the below pics, you will see different aspects of Edinburg - Holyrood Palace & Gardens, Edinburg Castle, the royal mile, etc.

Warwick Castle in the summertime
Warwick Castle is a castle that they have brought to life and made into basically an amusement park for adults and children alike. Last winter, we went to the Castle and did a bit of exploring and enjoying ourselves for the day- then I wanted to take the girls back this summer so they could experience the trebuchet (fire being catapulted), jousting, the princess tower experience, sword fighting and all of the other random "castle" activities going on. It was another wonderful day with our friends!

Greenwich and the Emirates Cable Car
Greenwich has so much to offer. From museums to beautiful parks, restaurants and of course the PRIME MERIDIAN LINE :-) and the Greenwich Mean Time- the clock that all clocks go off of. It was another lovely day!

Theatre
I have such a love of theatre- a true respect for those on stage. Theatre moves me in ways I cannot even describe. I have my father, James Bradford, to thank for introducing me to theatre at a young age. He use to take us to San Antonio or where ever the closest play was so we could enjoy it. I even remember several trips to New York with lots of theatre involved. Then in High School, one of my all time favorite teachers, Mr. Adkinson was so passionate and had such a desire for the audience to experience the play, that I fell in love with theatre that much more. Not to mention, the INCREDIBLE talent we had at RFHS (I am not kidding people- my peers were amazing). Now my husband enjoys it along side of me- I am so grateful for these three men and for the opportunity to have seen so many performances in my life. Here is a glimpse of some we have seen since we have been here- we even are starting the girls early to some age appropriate theatre for them (Daddy- you should be proud!).

Fall Fun
We just recently started carving pumpkins, painting pumpkins, doing fall crafts, going on fall scavenger hunts and truly enjoying real fall (or as they refer to it here- autumn) weather and the changing of the leaves. Autumn just might be my favorite season when it is experienced like we have had the pleasure of the last two years. I cannot even begin to describe the colors- absolutely breathtaking!


and well, just lots of fun :)
From last day's of school last year and their field days, to first days of school this year. Chelsea Football Camp for KK, and Swim Camp for Brooke... lots of playing outside-exploring-riding bikes, and well just making wonderful memories.

No comments: