Monday, November 10, 2008

A late 37 week update...

I am officially almost 38 weeks, and I never updated you on week 37, so here goes...

-It was a fairly rough week for me actually, because I had a cold. I literally ended up sleeping an entire day/night away. I do not think I have ever slept that much in my life, but my poor immune system was fighting this cold without any medicine. I think it was due to the weather, but I am doing better now, hopefully no more colds!

-I went to the doctor Friday and NO PROGRESS, my cervix is still softening, but I am not dilated at all! She told me I would go full term if not beyond! I am not miserable or anything like that, we are just so ready to see and meet her! Obviously (like all babies) she is on her own time table :-)
*On a side note, at 4 a.m. on Friday, I thought I was going into labor. I was having contractions, that started in the back and moved to my belly and were about 7 minutes apart lasting about a minute each. They continued to get closer together and more intense for the next 3 hours (I got up, ate something laid down differently because that usually stops contractions if you are not in true labor) and just before I was going to call the doctor, they subsided... so false labor! Oh well, it was good practice with my breathing and things like that.

-J&I continue to try and be "over-prepared" although I am not sure if that can happen when you are having a baby. Jeremy has done so many "honey do" projects it is insane, but I am SO appreciative. I would had done some of them, but he is very insistent that I do not help with certain things (like yard work) because he thinks it is not good for Kaytlin.... Oh well, I tried! You probably would not believe this, but I will take pictures this week and post them on my next post but we decorated our tree (or maybe I should say Jeremy's mom decorated our Christmas tree for us) this weekend, and we went Christmas shopping for our families (only 3 more gifts to buy... we did good!). I plan on putting the rest of our Christmas decorations out today and tomorrow and wrapping the presents too. We just are not sure what to expect once Kaytlin comes and we do not want to put any extra stress on ourselves, so we are doing our best to get things done early :-)

Please continue to pray for a healthy pregnancy and baby! We appreciate everyone's love, and support and cannot wait to announce that she is here :-)

My next doctor's appointment is Thursday, so I will update you this week with any details (hopefully I will be a little dilated)...

1 comment:

The Reeves bunch said...

You can never be prepared for a baby, but you are so good to get everything done. Like you said you never know what to expect. Everyone can tell you what to expect and do, but you as a mother knows what is best. Best of luck and I hope that baby Kaytlin comes soon. Enjoy these next few weeks of rest or if you can get any going through the nesting phase.