Wednesday, May 27, 2009

6th Monthiversary a.k.a HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY KAYTLIN!



Yes, my baby is 6 month's old today. I cannot believe it! So that means it is her half birthday (funny, I never celebrated half birthday's until I met Jeremy:-). It ALSO meant that we started solids today. Technically I could had started when she was 4 months old (and well she has been quite curious since about 4.5 months old), but I have stuck with my "plan" and that was to exclusively nurse until she was 6 months and now to slowly incorporate solids. So far so good! Today we started on rice cereal (yum ;-). She opened her mouth several times for it, but quickly decided it was not her favorite. I think she still prefers mommy. No worries, we will continue with the rice cereal and then we will start with some other yummy foods (sweet potato, avocado, banana... haven't decided yet, but one of those). I am making her food, so we will see. I guess technically, we were also meant to go for her 6 month well baby check-up today, but I asked the doctor if we could wait, since we currently have company from the UK staying with us, and once they leave, we are up to Lubbock for my sister's second baby shower, so once we are home we will go (I will let you know what they say).


As for an update on her now...
She is really practicing her voice tones and fluctuations. J&I LOVE it! She has the sweetest, little, high pitched voice you have ever heard. Kaytlin truly has a very sweet demeanor, and is very much a loving and happy baby. She adores her partner in crime, Riley, our dog; and she sits perfectly! In fact, she sits really well because at 4.5 months old she started trying to crawl, and I was SO NOT ready for that, so every time she would try, I would just have her sit. Now that she is 6 months old, I told her she can try again, and man does she! She basically army crawls if she wants something. Let's see, what else.... she definitely has my fair skin (sorry K), my blue eyes (yippee!) and well the rest is ALL Jeremy. We just absolutely adore our little one and continue to thank the Lord for her daily!!!

Kaytlin's first sink bath, at the lake house. It was tons of fun!

No comments: