Monday, June 7, 2010

One of the Greatest Blessings...



I could had NEVER imagined what an amazing, inspirational blessing being a mother could possibly be. Every parent will tell you how their child/children has changed their life for the better. Every parent will say that yes, there are hard times, but those are the times that grow us, parents, the most. I have to say being a mother has been such a huge blessings in my life. Kaytlin teaches me so much about love, patients, true joy, innocence, and well to be honest the list goes on and on. I told Jeremy last year that the best gift he could give me for mother's day, would be a family portrait every year. Luckily, I have been blessed the past two years just with that wish.




Jeremy's high school friend now has a photography business and she is phenomenal (if you need your pics taken, go to the right of our blog and click on Kristin King Photography)! Last year she did our session and again this year. This year however K was not in the best mood, and well later that day we found out why. Bless her little self, she was sick, suffering with a fever, and bad head cold (that ended up with her first ear infection... nothing makes a parent's heart ache more than having a sick baby. You feel so helpless because you cannot do anything about it. Luckily, our Father in Heaven takes care of and loves her more than we can even imagine so we can have confidence in Him in times like that.). Anyway...here are some of the pics from our photo session. We love them and are so pleased that we can cherish these pictures and times! Thank you Kristin for exceeding our expectations again, you are the best!

Precious Kaytlin!


The two loves of my life...



Our little family (with one on the way!)...


This probably best describes the day... poor baby, was just not feeling very good, and she only wanted mommy (which is unlike her when daddy is around, unless of course, she is sick).


Here is a little slide show with lots more. Again, too hard to pick just a few to display!!!



I wish I could put into words how precious, special and simply wonderful being a mother is, but there are truly no words to describe it! On top of that, I have the most amazing and fabulous husband any woman could possibly be blessed with. Thank you Lord for a family that I am truly blessed with every second!

__________________________________________________

Here is a little poem I received from a friend of mine on Mother's Day. Thought, you all might enjoy as well.


BEFORE I WAS A MOM. . .
(author unknown)

Before I was a Mom,
I made and ate hot meals.
I had unstained clothing.
I had quiet conversations on the phone.

Before I was a Mom,
I slept as late as I wanted.
I never worried about how late I got into bed.
I brushed my hair and my teeth everyday.

Before I was a Mom,
I cleaned my house each day.
I never tripped over toys.
I never forgot words to lullabies.

Before I was a Mom,
I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom,
I had never been . . .
puked on
pooped on
spit on
chewed on
peed on
or pinched by tiny fingers.

Before I was a Mom,
I had complete control of my mind, thoughts and body.
I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom,
I never held down a screaming child so that doctors could do tests or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom,
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put it down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom,
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a Mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important.
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.

Before I was a Mom,
I had never known . . .
the warmth
the joy
the love
the heartache
the wonderment
or the satisfaction of being a Mom.

I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much . . . before I was a Mom.

1 comment:

Callie said...

jeanae! so random that I found your blog - your little girl is precious!!! Congrats with the other "bun in the oven". We have a 2 year old too and I had identical twin girls 8 weeks ago. Life is busy, but so much fun! Check out our blog www.smithlive.blogspot.com...hopefully we can keep in touch!