Tuesday, May 18, 2010

5 Year Anniversary Trip



Jeremy and I will celebrate, 5 years of marriage bliss this September (wow, that is hard to believe). Since we are expecting our second little princess in late August, we know our hands will be full, so we decided to go ahead and get away now. We just spend the last several days in West Palm Beach, FL at the PGA golf and spa Resort.


Having tried to snorkel and kayak in Australia and Fiji while being pregnant and not enjoying it (I honestly felt like I was going to drown while snorkeling and I have never felt that way before... but with the baby already restricting my lung capacity and then having the restriction of snorkel as well... well, it was just not enjoyable), I knew the Caribbean/MX was out for us, so I decided to try and find something where Jeremy could enjoy some time playing golf, and I could enjoy time by the pool just laying out and reading plus working out (since I feel like it has been forever since I worked-out steadily, and I really miss it!). Anyway, we also wanted to stay in the States, so we were down to a couple of options and I finally decided FL sounded perfect, so I booked it. I am so happy I did. We have had the best time together.



Jeremy got to play SO much golf, that his arms are sore and his hands have callouses all over them, and I'm well... caught up on some reading (amongst other things), plus red as a lobster :-)


West Palm Beach and Palm Beach, FL are spectacular! They are such clean, beautiful cities. It is also very apparent that very affluent people reside here and even those who are not billionaires, obviously have pride in what they have and keep their things very nice.



We were are on Palm Beach.


Us, "chillaxing" at the pool...





Jeremy cracked me up, by asking me, if he should go for this look (the slick hair, with the "dirty" man mustache, no socks and to top it off a manly linen scarf).


Here is a picture of me and the baby. I am 25 weeks pregnant right here :-)


We also decided to take a day trip to Miami. We were so happy we did, we had such a fabulous time. We visited the beach, downtown, South Beach, the Art Deco district, and the boardwalk. We did a little shopping, had a lot of fun, and even ate a very nice dinner right on the boardwalk (we even saw MTV filming the Jersey Boys...or we assume that is who they were, we don't watch the show, but have heard of them).

(Jeremy was not too thrilled I made him take this pic.. hehe)


Here we are on Miami Beach

2 comments:

Colin said...

sweet friends! you are looking soo good. miss k looks adorable (love the pc of her and ava). jeanae, you do preggyness well :o). miss and love youz lots.
lynsx

The Blowey Bunch said...

looks like you had a blast!! cant believe its been 5 years especially since i didnt remember it being that long for Bry and I either haha. Beautiful pics and so glad you two got to get away! Keri