Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Girls Rooms

So... back in May we started working on the girls rooms and we are still yet to be completely done, however, we are SO close. Here are a few pics of what we have been doing on the weekend we are in town and week nights we are home (it has made for an extremely busy summer).

Miss Brooke Avery's Room
My sister made her name (we just love it!)

Her bookshelves with all kinds of great things on the shelves (all picture frames are waiting to be filled with Miss Brooke)

The chair I know I will be spending lots of time in

Pictures, that I saw and really liked at a store here in Houston, but they were super expensive. Little did I know, Justin and Jennifer found out I wanted them and they had Jennifer's step-father paint them for us. We were SO impressed and I was SO surprised and thrilled. We love them. Thank you again Justin and Jennifer!

The changing table.. another place every parent spends lots of time at :-)

The matte's to the frame's behind her changing table. My sister did them and we were so impressed! Cannot wait to fill these frames up with little pics of Miss B!


Miss Kaytlin Elizabeth's BIG girl Room :-)
Sorry I did not get a great shot of her bed in these pics...

Kaytlin adores butterflies and flowers!

Her hutch with all her girly stuff on it

Another view (but you can see the dresser under it... I think what I loved most about this set of furniture besides its "girlness" would be the "crystal" knobs. They reminded me of my girly girl, Miss K.

a view of her curtain's and night stand.



So what still needs to be done in their rooms...
Brooke, I need one more thing for one of her shelves, and a frame or something to go in front of her wipe warmer/diaper stuff, and a new rug (I am thinking cream shaggy hair looking one :-)
Kaytlin, her lamp shade needs a little sprucing up with some decorations. We are waiting on 2 pillow shams with her initials on it, and a wonderfully talented woman from our church is going to paint stems on her flowers.

THEN... Here I am at just over 38 weeks preggers. I am much smaller (not sure if you can tell though) with Brooke than I was with KK. I am not sure if it is they way they are laying or the fact that I gained at least 7 more pounds with KK. During this pregnancy, anything sweet makes me nauseous, so I just don't eat it and I also crave salads and fruits; where as with K, after the first trimester and bit I pretty much ate whatever. Hmmm.. who knows why. I will say though, I am "feeling" more pregnant this time around.

1 comment:

Steph Mitchell said...

Don't you look fabulous!! I hope all goes well for the next couple of weeks and the arrival of your precious little bundle!