Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Miss Brooke Avery

We are SO blessed to announce that Brooke Avery is here!

Born: Saturday, August 21 (on Daddy's 31st Birthday)
Time: 11:02 p.m.
Weight: 6 lbs. 13.3 oz
Length: 20 inches

We thank the Lord for such an amazing and beautiful creation that he has blessed us with!
___________________________________________________________________

"The Story"


On Saturday, Jeremy had gotten up early gone to play golf, we met him and some of his family for lunch and then we (J,K and I) headed home, where I laid down for a little nap. Jeremy was watching golf, and K was also sleeping. We were waiting on Justin and Jennifer to get to our house so everyone could hang out, and then we were meant to head over to the boys parents for their birthday dinner. Well... literally I was waking up, and I heard Justin and Jennifer just coming in the house, at that same time I started to get up from the couch and I thought... hmmm... either my water broke or I just peed a little on myself (haha). I quickly headed to the bathroom to still not be real sure what was going on. I called my brother (he is an OB/GYN) and told him I thought my water broke, but it wasn't what I expected (a huge gush), he told me to put a pad on and if I soaked it in 2 hours or less then yes it had broke and to get to the hospital. The pad was soaked in about 20 minutes, so we loaded the car, Justin and Jennifer took Kaytlin over to the Hall's for us, and we were off to the hospital.


Once we got to the hospital, they checked me and yep... my water had broke (I was still unsure until they confirmed it), but I was still just at 2 cm (had been there for the past 2 weeks), and I was not having any strong contractions. So they went ahead and around 6:30 gave me pitocin. Kaytlin, Jeremy's parents and Justin and Jennifer all came up to visit (and bring J food) for about 2 hours. That entire time, I was having weak contractions that were slowly getting stronger, but nothing too bad.


They left and literally 5 minutes later my dad showed up, we were talking with him and telling him all that had happened and within 10 minutes of him getting there, my contractions started getting really close together and really strong. I could not talk through them so since they had told me it took 30 minutes for them to get me the epidural I went ahead and ordered it. To my surprise it was there in 10 minutes, so I got the epidural, and the nurse stayed in with me, and was asking how I was feeling. Since I could not feel anything with K's epidural (I could not even move my legs with hers), I told the nurse how I had some pressure in my rear that I was not expecting. She looked at me quite surprised and said, well I better check you. She checked and I was at a 7 cm. She was very surprised and said I had dilated really quickly and that she better call the doctor since he was not there, because I would be delivering within the hour (which really surprised me). Dad and Jeremy came back in for about 20 minutes, and then the doc was there. My dad left (thinking he was just going to check me), and literally about 15 minutes later Miss Brooke was here.

My doctor was at a medical conference this past weekend (I knew she would be), so Dr. Ronan was the doctor who was there to deliver Brooke. He was fabulous!!! He had come in right when I had arrived at the hospital, introduced himself and gone over a couple of important things with me. Then when he came back for the delivery, he looked at Jeremy and (we thought) jokingly said you want to catch her on her way out. Jeremy responded with a I will do whatever you let/want me to do. So he said, "OK, are you up for delivering her?" Jeremy said "sure" and Dr. Ronan gave J a set of smock and gloves and started explaining to Jeremy what to do. Jeremy did what the dr. said and after 3 contractions and me pushing threw them, she was here! It was such a surreal moment. I could not believe it. Jeremy had basically delivered his second baby girl on his birthday (he said there could not have ever been a better present than that!).



The birthday trio:


She was perfect and boy did/does she look like K. They do have different noses and it looks like Brooke will have her Daddy's coloring compared to K who has mine :-) but at this point they are very similar. Of course we think they are both gorgeous and perfect in every way :-) We are truly blessed and give God all the glory for our little girls.





_____________________________________________________________________________________

Sisterly Love

Kaytlin was (and still is thrilled) that sissy is here. She has loved, hugged, and patted sissy non-stop. She is constantly very concerned were Brooke is and what is going on. She wants to play with her and does not really understand why little B cannot play back just yet. She is truly going to be the best big sister ever! What a special bond and relationship they will have!



__________________________________________________________________________
Other Pictures from Brooke's first 2 days...
with Gram, Uncle Justin, Aunt Jen Jen, K....






Us headed home :-) We could not wait to get home (where you can actually truly rest). Both girls slept great their first night home (and with a new sissy at home... with such exciting times, we were a little nervous K would wake up in the middle of the night wanting sissy... but no, she got right back into her routine!).



5 comments:

Lynsey said...

so wonderful! Brooke is beautiful. You look amazing. Jeremy must be thrilled with the 3 ladies in his life. What a sweet and good God we have. Much love xxx So wish we could be there! x

Katie and Chip said...

CONGRATS you all! Brooke is BEAUTIFUL and what an amazing story. Lots of Love!

erica said...

Congratulations guys!! You have 2 such beautiful daughters!! =D Hope you are all well, and we look forward to seeing more pics, and hearing more stories! =)

Love,
Erica, Dave, Leila and Zachary
xxxx

Steph Mitchell said...

Congratulations!!! She's gorgeous!! Second babies usually do come a lot quicker than the first and I you know more of what you're in for pain-wise!!

Cameron arrived on my 31st so I understand how special it is! Niel spent his 31st (he's 3 years younger than me) having the snip (after Ainsley was born)!!

Michele said...

Dearest Jeanae and Jeremy,
Congratulations on the birth of your second angel. She is beyond beautiful, both of your girls are! So thankful for a wonderful and truly special delivery. Praying for your precious family.
With love,
Michele Klepac