Saturday, October 13, 2007

Whale Watching


So today we decided to go whale watching. We caught a boat off of the Freo Port and we were off. I was a bit nervous since I get sea sick, but the boat we were on was huge, so I was fine the entire time. Anyway, enough about me! The whales were AMAZING! Huge...magnificient...so close!!!

(Click on this pic, so it will enlarge. You can see the tail.)

It was almost like they knew we were there and they were performing for us. We probably saw anywhere from 6-8 whales. They would come up one at a time, all at one time, flip their tales, blow the water, one even came up and did a little twist in the air and went back under...it was amazing! Hope you enjoy some of the pics!

1 comment:

Alexia & Jeffrey said...

that's so cool! i got to see the same thing in Samana, DR. i want to see it there, too, if they're around in july... :)