Saturday, September 13, 2008

Aloha! Hawaiian Style :-)

On our trip home, our flight took us from Fiji to Hawaii (I know rough life!). We were meant to have a 15 hour layover in Hawaii, so I made a list of things to do :-) Due to Hurricane Ike though, that 15 hours, was turned into a couple of days. In fact, we would probably still be in Hawaii (well technically I am at the airport writing this so I guess I still am here...) but Jeremy pulled the "my wife is REALLY pregnant" card, and they took one look at me and got us on another airline to get us home (well to Austin where family is picking us up). The problem with staying longer, is that we do not really get to "enjoy" Hawaii. We end up spending most of the day in the airport waiting on a flight, then seeing it gets cancelled, then having to get in line to be placed on another flight, and then them telling us all over again, the earlier you can be here tomorrow the better because we cannot promise your seats, and even if you have seat, then we cannot promise the airport will be open... so we decided to take them up on their offer of another airline and to get to Austin :-) Praise God for small miracles because we literally ONLY got on that flight because I was pregnant and they told us not tell anyone else standing in line that they had done that for us (although our smiles and a million thank you's to them probably gave it away...).

I have to say that Hawaii is beautiful and we were able to explore a bit :-) so those pictures are below, but we most definitely plan to return one day for a proper holiday!














No comments: