It is hard to believe that a year ago today we found out we were pregnant! We had met my dad for vacation in New Zealand and I kept telling them both, that I just was not feeling right and something was wrong. At one point I said, I think I am pregnant and they both confidently assured me "I was not". Then one night for the second or third night in a row I had to get up to pee and at that point I thought, I am just going to take a test to ease my mind... so there I was at 4 something in the morning, barely awake, in the bathroom of the Te Anua Hotel... and literally within 2-3 seconds there was a positive reading. I was shocked, excited and all of the sudden VERY AWAKE. I remember reading over the instructions again to make sure I was reading it correctly and then just praying for this sweet, precious gift God had put in my body. Since we were sharing this room with my dad, I went back to bed quietly, but wanted so badly to pounce on Jeremy and wake him up to tell him the news. I remember I just laid there and laid there trying to think of how I was going to tell J, and when and how I could wake him and not my dad... the next thing I knew, J was rolling over and I quietly whispered his name, he responded and I was ecstatic.. so laying there in the dark, I whispered to him... your going to be a daddy... he was half way asleep and he said, "what? are you sure you read it right?"... Ha Ha...thanks for the confidence honey (but then again, knowing how I am half asleep, I would had been asking the same question). I assured him I did, and he hugged me and we shared a few special things back and forth and then just prayed for our little "bun in the oven". Not too much longer after that, my dad was up for the day and getting ready. J&I pretended to be asleep until he got into the bathroom and then we laid there and talked all about our new adventure, because seriously, do you think either of us were going to go back to sleep after news like that... Once my dad was ready for the day, we also shared the news with him (had we not of, he would had figured it out soon, because as of that day and for the next 15 weeks.. I was 5 weeks at that point I had horrible morning sickness...).
It is absolutely amazing how your entire life can change in an instant. We are so blessed by our little Kaytlin. She brings us SO much joy daily. She has taught us a whole new meaning on what love is. She brings smiles to our faces and melts our hearts in ways we could never had imagined before. We continually thank our Lord, Jesus Christ for her precious life and for Him entrusting us to raise this precious gift! We love you Kaytlin and we pray that God continues to mold us and teach us to be the parents that we are meant to be for you. We pray that we will never forget that ecstatic feeling we had one year ago today, and we pray that you will always know how truly special God handcrafted you to be, our precious little K!
On the day we found out, all day long we saw rainbows, here are some shots of them...
This was the view we had from the porch of our hotel room.. I know pretty unbelievable!
P.S. TODAY is her 4th monthiversary... pictures coming soon!
1 comment:
Hey Jeanae! I can’t believe Kaytlin is already 4 months and that it has been a year since you found out you were pregnant…time flies! Looks like you three are doing fabulous and we just love all the new photos you post. Kaytlin is such a beautiful little girl. Thank you for the pregnancy tips…I am definitely following them! By the way…we used your blog as a travel guide for planning our NZ trip, hehe! Lots of love to you all from Australia and will email soon!
Post a Comment