Monday, April 1, 2013

VIENNA, AUSTRIA



This past week has sure kept us in awe. From Thursday-Monday we have been in the Czech Republic (more on it soon- I will just say it was GORGEOUS!). We decided that on Friday we also wanted to get a peek at Vienna. I grew up always hearing about Vienna, and its beauty, as it is one of my (Jeanae's) father's favorite cities-so, of course, I have always been quite curious, and very interested in going, so we went! We truly were surrounded by its beauty. I will try and keep this post short and not too factual, but at the same time, I pray it inspires you to take a look at Vienna one day yourself.

Schönbrunn Palace was our first stop. It has 1,441 rooms, only 45 are viewable by the public, because some are still being used. The palace, gardens and area were breathtaking. Jeremy took a panoramic displayed at the top. The girls FAVORITE part were the gardens, especially because there was still snow all around they could play in and make snow balls. Jeremy and I kept on imagining it with all its leaves and flowers- Hoping one day we will be blessed to return to experience that! Here are a few more snap shots of the palace and the grounds.



Vienna also has a gorgeous cathedral right in the middle of the city called St. Stephen's Cathedral-Stunning! Mozart was actually married here. The mosaic slate roof was so eye-catching against the gothic style building. Inside was mesmerizing, as you knew our "new" age hand tools were not used, but people skillfully crafted this to glorify our Lord!



We also had to eat a Figlmüller, famous for the best schnitzel. All we have to say is - YUM - and yes, the plate was empty when we left!


I could go on and on..from the Spanish riding school (incredible what they can train and teach horses to do), to the statues, to the amazing building, Opera house, etc. I promise, I will just post a few more pictures, but I wish I could capture Vienna and all its glory on a post; that is truly impossible. Just know it is a beautiful city, with a rich culture and an incredible history that would take days and tons of post to even begin to explore...

No comments: