Monday, March 18, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day

We decided to head into London for some St. Patrick's Day celebrations at Trafalgar Square.

They had a really fun Irish parade that started our celebrations.


To be completely honest, I got extremely emotional while watching the parade. I was overcome with complete humility that God has given us this opportunity to experience not only London but so many cultures. I am so grateful that the girls will grow up hopefully appreciating other cultures and how they are different yet all the same in some sense.

The parade was really nice, and the atmosphere was splendid. Everyone was so happy, helpful and appreciative- not pushing people side to side, but making more room for the girls and cheering for all the people going by. It was truly a wonderful experience.


They also had all kind of booths set up in Trafalgar Square from Irish comics, to food, to arts and crafts and the girls favorite was the main stage with the Irish Dancers... we love the Irish music and dancers and could had probably stood there all day if it had not had been in the 30's and raining :-)

No comments: