Saturday, March 9, 2013

Moving...

The past 3 weeks have been one things after another. Nothing bad, just lots going on. I returned from the our London house hunting trip, to a week of moving. I cannot say it was a bad deal- we had movers pack and move all of our items either into an air or sea freight container, or into storage. I just had to inventory the entire house- which was a lot more time consuming this time around (mainly because we have 2 little ones and now lots more stuff :-) Our empty living room made me a bit sad knowing our renters were going to be moving in the next day.
For our last week in TX, we spent a lot of time with family and friends-and did a lot of packing, and re-packing!

Once we made it to the airport, we had some time to sit, relax and let it soak in a little that we were actually moving. It all happened so fast that honestly, I am still not sure if it has sunk in yet. The girls loved all the extra special treatment at the airport and on the airplane. Plus everywhere they turned someone was offering them some kind of treat. They slept so well on the plane, and because of that their jet lag has been minimized drastically, which was such a blessings.



On Sunday, when we arrived, we took the girls to church, lunch and walked them all around to keep them awake. We ended up in ToyRUs and just let them play awhile. They did awesome, and got to bed just before bedtime that night, and slept so well. Since then, they have done amazingly (I will post tomorrow on our first week here ;-). Honestly, it is phenomenal how resilient children are!



No comments: